Cardio-Pulmonary Exercise Testing (CPET) group
CPET is a non-invasive, integrative test of the whole-body exercise response and considered the gold-standard in integrated performance measures. The group of Univ.-Prof. Dr. Frank Edelmann provides clinical and scientific expertise in CPET.
Sie befinden sich hier:
The group provides medical and scientific expertise for CPET within our institution. Inspired by years of clinical excellence and substantial research in the field, we provide the manpower to the two CPET laboratories (being 1. clinical, and 2. scientific) within the department of cardiology and run a CPET core laboratory as a reference center as well as for central readings.
Our specialized team of cardiologists, internists and residents has a high level of expertise in performing and reading CPET. They are trained according to international standards and are actively shaping the future of CPET within the international CPET community.
We host an easy-to-use, easily accessible web-based system to exchange CPET tests to perform centralized reading, provide feedback as well as results and interact with our partners. Both treadmill and cyclic ergometer challenges are fully supported, other CPET applications can be implemented.
Our state-of-the art CPET Laboratories provides diagnostic services within the Department of Cardiology for clinical questions as well as within the Clinical Study Center (CRU) Cardiology for scientific questions. As a group we also act as a globally active CPET Core Laboratory within cohorts, registries, observational studies and interventional multi-centre clinical trials for outcome assessment.
The CPET Laboratories and CPET Core Laboratory have an established track-record of cutting-edge research in a wide spectrum of patients with heart and lung disease. We assist and consult sponsors and investigators within clinical cohorts, registries, observational studies and clinical trials in regard to a variety of performance related assessments in clinical research.
Our CPET Core Lab is equipped with state-of-the-art technology.
We provide the full-range of CPET:
- Hands-on training
- Theoretical teaching
- Consultation for the planning of experimental designs and challenges
- Site visits
- (Remote) Equipment calibration and certification
- Enhancing site-performance
- Establishing uniformity and harmonization in a variety of CPET set-ups
- Assisting tests
- Data-management, handling and processing via a cloud-based Web-Service
- Normal-subject validations
- Clinical care validations
- Quality control & assurance
- Centralized test reading
- Timely results
- Clinical Judgement
2 CPET Laboratories
- Inovision: InnoCor + Hemondynamics Module
- Cortex: MetaControl 3000
- Resting Calorimetry
- HP Cosmos: Treadmills (2x)
- Ergoline: Ergometer (2x)
- Semi-Supine Ergometer (1x)
- Fujitsu PC Workstations
- SAP Infrastructure / Archiving / Server
1 CPET Core Laboratory
- Full-range data interpretation Software
- Apple Macintosh & Fujitsu PC Workstations
- OwnCloud Front- and Backend
- Archiving & Server Infrastructure